- 20 May 2019 - Fly-in CompleteThe field has been FOD swept, the restrooms final cleaned, broken canopy skeletons carted away, last paramotors fished out of the pond.
We thank everyone who came out and made it a success, and we will continue to work in the background to improve; the day after the fly-in ends is 359 days before it begins.
- 11 May 2019 - Tandem Certification available
Kyle Mooney and Travis Burns from One Up Adventures, www.oneupadventures.com will be offering tandem certifications to pilots with the appropriate expeirence. Contact them directly for more information at [email protected]
- 2 May 2019 - Pre Registration has ended
Less then two weeks to go and preparations are continuing. The pilot registration has changed to $55 and T-shirt choices have been limited to short sleeve and single color.
- 21 April 2019 - Non-denomonational church service
Pastor Dave Rogers will be holding a non-denomonational church service on Sunday morning the 19th at 9am. Look for more inforation posted or announced on the field.
- 20 April 2019 - T-shirt ordering extended
T-shirt ordering was originally planned to end yesterday but we have been able to extend it a few days. Not sure how much longer so if you want to ensure the color and sleeve length, make sure you get your order in soon.
- 3 March 2019 - Local Hotel Option
For pilots and families who would prefer to stay off-field we have partnerd with a local hotel to provide reduced price stays for the duration of the fly-in.
For more information and details on the offer, contact the hotel directly and ask for the Bad Apples Fly-In pricing.
Days Inn By Wyndham
1605 E. Larmar St.
Americus GA. 31709
Normal pricing is $75 but they are offering us the rooms at $66.55 + tx/night.
The hotel is an 11-12 minute drive from the field.
- 25 February 2019 (2) - REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
We've added new options for the t-shirts this year; 4 different colors and long or short sleeves.
25 February 2019 (1) - Added Terms & Conditions
Lawyers being what they are, we've added a set of terms and conditions below the rules section.
- 9 May 2018 - Let the next fly-in begin
We have confirmed the dates with Hodges Field and will be working in the background to make next years' fly-in even better. See you then!
- 8 May 2018 - Fly-In completed
The lawn has been swept for debris, the last camper has left the field and the last tent has been folded up.
We thank all of the pilots who joined us and hope you enjoyed it enough to make the trek again next year.
- 27 April 2018 - Pre-registration ends Monday at midnight.As of midnight next Monday, the pre-registration pricen will end and tye pilot fee gies up to $55. There are currently still T-shirts available so sign up soon!
- 23 April 2018 - Sign-ups have been posted
The list of who has registered has been posted under the button at the top of the page called "Who's Registered?"
Check to see who's planning on coming!
- 21 April 2018 - The T-shirts have been ordered, thanks for the great response!
Considering the large number of signups just before the T-shirt cutoff time, we decided to order more than have been reserved by the registrations.
We will keep the T-shirts open on the registration until weach size is no longer available.
- 15 April 2018 - T-shirt cutoff time is approaching
We will be ordering the T-shirts this week so you will need to order soon if you want to ensure you get one.
- 29 January 2018 - FAQ added.
- 28 January 2018 - Registration is open!!!
T-minus 95 days and counting, the registration has been opened! Click on the registration button on the top right of the screen to sign up for your pilot wristband.
Vendors Note policy clarification: non-flying vendors are not charged. Vendors desiring to fly require one pilot fee per pilot.
- 25 January 2018 - Bad Apple Fliers website link added
The Bad Apple Fliers website is up and running so a link as been added at the bottom of this page. Be sure to chek it out!
- 12 Dec 2017 - IMPORTANT!!! MINOR DATE CHANGE!
Due to a scheduling snafu we've had to make a small adjustment to the dates. Instead of the previous Fri-Mon 4-7 May it is now one day earlier, Thu-Sun 3-6 May.
- 11 Dec 2017 - Website launched
Welcome to the website for the Bad Apple Fliers / Hodges Field PPG Fly-In!
This is our first edition of the website and we'll post any changes here!
Rules for the Bad Apples / Hodges Field PPG Fly In
- sign a waiver before flying
- attend pilot briefing before flying
- wear a wristband on at all times
- keep the runway clear (remove unused equipment from the field promptly after the flight and only set up immediately before launching)
- familiarize themselves with the airspace and local conditions
- yield right of way to landing pilots
- keep all pets on a leash
- ensure pets use appropriate area for relieving themselves and immediately clean up any "accidents"
- register as pilot if vendor
- fly commensurate with skill level.
- harass wildlife or people
- fly low over people, buildings or animals
- perform demonstration flights without prior arrangement with staff
- perform group training or first solo flights
- keep all equipment, tents, vehicles, and people behind the flight line unless directly involved in flight operations.
Terms and Conditions:
If the event is cancelled due to events beyond our control, the decision to issue full or partial refunds will be made based on the timing of and reason for the cancellation.
We don't retain any credit card info.
We store email address, names, pilot names and phone numbers on a locally secured server to confirm the purchases and to provide a communication path to the pilots. We will not sell or otherwise distribute to any third parties except as legally required by law or court order.
This website is secured by encrypting the data between your browser and the server storing our website, while the credit card data is secured directly by our processing provider. Standard and reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that the limited amount of data we store doesn't end up in the wrong hands but we are not liable for damages caused by hacking or other malicious attempts to obtain data by outside third parties.
We don't ship anything. If you want a T-shirt but can't attend, ask a pilot buddy to bring it back with him or her, or make other arrangements to have it sent.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the fly-in and property to anyone.
Where is it?
Name: Hodges Field, 4GA0,
Address: 428 Neil Hodges Road
City, St, Zip: Andersonville, Georgia 31711
Coordinates: 32.125288, -84.128981
Coordinates: 32°07'31.0"N 84°07'44.3"W
Pilots: $45 pre registration, $55 at the door.
Vendors: Free unless flying, then same as pilot
T-Shirts: $15, must be purchased in advance
Camping: First come, first served. no reservations possible. Payment will be made directly to Hodges Field staff on arrival.
RVs: $20/night (Water and power hookups)
Tents: $10/night Includes use of showers and restroom facilities.
Q. I only have a few flights - can I come?
A. We want to make it clear that every experience level is welcome and we have no desire to make a lot of rules.
However, we expect it to be a very busy flight-line and pilots with less experience may at times find it very challenging and overwhelming.
While we don't have a minimum flight experience requirement, we do expect that, for safety, less experienced pilots limit their flight-line activities during busy times and coordinate all their activities with guidance from other, more experienced pilots. The community in this sport is very helpful and if you need assistance, let those around you know - you'll end up with a lot more friends than when you arrived!
Q. I'm planning on attending and would like a T-shirt I won't be flying. The registration page is asking for the pilot name. What should I put in there?
A. Create the order including only the T-shirt(s) you want and simply put your name as the pilot. We just wanted to be clear that we would not be shipping any T-shirts.
Q. If I want to sleep in my trailer/car/blimp/etc. do have to pay the $20 camping fee?
A. No. The $20 fee is for connecting to the hookups and parking in the area reserved for campers. If you sleep on the property in a tent or any other transportable item without connecting to power or parking in the hookups area, the $5 fee will cover use of the property and facilities (restrooms and showers).
Reach out and talk to us
Website powered by some guy clattering away at the keyboard for long hours and by some other guy up in the mountains where it snows too much who offered time, service, web hosting and and bunch of assistance without strangling anyone.
The Bad Apples Hoges Field PPG Fly-In